Interested in becoming a Governor?
- Have the skills and commitment required to contribute to raising standards?
- Have an interest in education and want to help improve education for children?
- Have the time to spare to attend meetings, usually in the evening?
- Want to put something back into the local community?
Are you looking for:
- An opportunity to develop skills in board level strategic leadership.
- An opportunity to develop new skills e.g. financial, meeting chairing, etc.
- A sense of achievement in making a difference.
- An insight into the workings of a school and education in general.
If the answer is yes then becoming a school governor could suit you perfectly.
Who can be a governor
Anyone over the age of 18 can be a governor, subject to some exceptions. Governors come from all walks of life with different backgrounds and possess the skills required to contribute to effective governance and the success of schools. Governors do not need any formal qualifications . What is important is having: a desire to make a difference, appropriate relevant skills, an interest in education, a commitment to prepare for and attend meetings, visit our school and attend training.
How much time it will take
The minimum time commitment is 15 - 20 hours per term. This includes meetings, background reading, school visits and training.
What to do next
If you are interested in becoming a Governor at Scout Road Academy then please contact the Chair of Governors via email@example.com